Good News!!! Your Affiliated Physicians and Employers Health Plan (APEHP) medical coverage plan has gotten a whole lot better… and AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU.
APEHP, powered by QualCare, Inc., is now offering you an expanded network which will cover services outside of the state of New Jersey. APEHP members now have access the Cigna Open Access Plus (OAP) Network! Cigna’s OAP gives you the flexibility and opportunity to choose from a variety of provider options that meet your needs and those of your family.
So…….what does that mean for you?
- If you are a New Jersey Resident:
- Your network within the state of New Jersey will NOT change. You will continue to access the SAME QualCare Network that you use today.
- You will have national access to the Cigna OAP network for emergency and elective services outside the state of New Jersey.
- If you reside outside of New Jersey:
- The Cigna OAP Network will replace the current First Health and GHI networks. As the Cigna OAP is a national expansive network, we do not anticipate there will be significant disruption, however, if you are currently utilizing a provider for active treatment that is in the First Health or GHI network and is not in the Cigna OAP Network, you may be eligible for transitional care benefits. You can verify if your provider participates in the Cigna OAP network by visiting the website.
- If you believe you have a need for Transitional Care Benefits because your provider is not in the Cigna OAP Network, you can complete and submit a Transitional Care Request Form which is available below.